by Teacher2Teacher Team | 10.17.16
Whether it’s your first year of teaching or your 30th, there are bound to be days when you’re lacking motivation or are feeling frustrated. Particularly during the late October and early November Doldrums!
In last week’s slowchat, hosted by teachers Lyndsay Nottingham and Sarah Thomas, we asked you to share the quotes that help to motivate you when you’re worn out or uninspired. Read on for 10 of the T2T community’s responses and share your own in the comments below.
- “When the going gets tough, the tough get funny.”—@Mrs_Krapels
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”—@KSukEDUC
- “‘Things are never so bad that they can’t get worse.’” Spoken by my uncle while we were not catching fish in the pouring rain.”—@DarrenLukenbill
- “I keep reminding myself, ‘It’s just another challenge.’ Difficult days are always followed by amazing days and vice-versa.”—@MariaTheo1
- “‘When schools flourish, all flourishes.’ ~Martin Luther.”—@graemedebruyn
- “Stay focused! Every day is a new day.”—@CoburnCori
- “Realize that every moment, no matter how small, could change the trajectory of a life.”—@MonicaPSchreck
- “Relationships first, everything else second.”—@pivonkaleads
- “Tough times pass, tough people last.”—@marcspunaugle
- “Even on your worst day, you are still some student’s best hope.”—@PGCPSSTEM
Don’t miss this week’s slowchat about Halloween lessons—use #T2TChat to join in the conversation with hosts Lyndsay Nottingham and Sarah Thomas. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter if you don’t already!