Your Most Cherished Memories
by Teacher2Teacher Team | 05.26.17
So many of you have described these last weeks of the school year as a time to reflect on the memories that will stick with you long past the final bell. We asked this community to look back on the compliments – shared this year or years past – that have touched your hearts. And what a list you all shared!
Here are 10 of the most cherished compliments this community has received – and we encourage you to add your own in the comments!
- “‘I know I can do anything I set my mind to if I work hard, because of you.’ Best student statement ever!” –Meagan England
- “From a former [middle school] student who has graduated [high school]: ‘I used to think you were hard on me, now I think you were good for me.’” –@Hi5mannn2
- “Mine was actually at the end of my student teaching session. My cooperating teacher said, ‘You have made me a better teacher.’ I’ll never forget that statement. It made me tear up typing it here.” –Lisa K.
- “When asked what they had learned so far this year, a student responded, ‘That I am special.’ That’s why I do what I do.” –Andrea Johnstone
- “When a kid calls me ‘mom’ on accident. When they make that slip, I know I have done my job of making them feel safe and loved.” –Jo-Ann Fox
- “One student told me years later after teaching him in 3rd grade that I was the only one who ever thought he’d become anything! I’ll never forget that moment.” –Robyn Gregory
- “My assistant principal said, ‘Other teachers should be watching you.’ … I know I still have a lot to learn, but it was nice having that affirmation that you’re doing okay.” –Carly J.
- “You taught us to turn mistakes into masterpieces!” –@ghee_n_pop_
- “One student said instead of learning to ‘write an essay’ in my class, she feels like she’s learning to be a writer.” –@K_LaFave_GV
- “When I thanked a student for all his hard work and he said no one has ever said anything like that to him before.” –Jenna Lloyd